Surface Coating Polymers for the Anti Corrosive Coating Industry
Why use Thermoplastics?
- Commonly referred to as “plastics”
- Melt on heating and re-solidify on cooling.
- Common plastics are polyethylene, polystyrene, polypropylene, nylon, PVC etc.
- Range of properties-from flexible to rigid, high temperature or chemical resistance, toughness, electrical insulation etc.
- On heating, they react with themselves to “cross-link” the molecules into a matrix which solidifies and will not melt again on reheating.
- Chemical Resistance
- 500-800% elongation
- Barrier properties
- Edge and weld coverage
- “Grip” and “warmth”
- Impact Resistance
- Fluid dip, flame and flock spray
- Electrostatic spray
- 150-300 micron
- Low toxicity
- Food Contact
- No cracking or chipping
- Thicker Coatings
Key Benefits: Resistance to stress cracking, adverse weather conditions, detergents, salt and typical airborne pollutants
- Excellent adhesion
- Excellent abrasion and impact resistance
- Superior chemical resistance
- UV rays resistance
- Flexibility and Repair ability
- Anti-osmotic barrier
- Halogen free
- Combustion fumes are low in smoke
- Low toxicity index
- Environmentally safe
Surfaces we reglaze
Oil & Gas Pipelines